So, like many out there in blog-land, my blog is nothing but a big scrapbook of memories... mostly so I can remember when I'm old and gray (wait -- I'm very gray already) and so that our out-of-town family can see pics of the boys.
We haven't had too much going on that is picture-worthy, but I love looking back and reading what I was thinking... way back when. :)
So, without further ado, some thoughts from January 2013~
- It was 74 degrees on Monday and today it was in the 20s. Only in Kansas.
- Grayson is having such a good school year. We love his teacher and he has some great kids in his class. Such a blessing. He is reading chapter books and working on double-digit subtraction.
- But, he did come home from school yesterday, and in his most dramatic tone stated, "This was the WORST day of 2nd grade -- EVER!" Whoa buddy... He went on to tell us that they all lost 5 minutes of recess due to some of his classmates' choices. Definitely a bummer, but the world's not ending.
- Carter absolutely loves school, and we think he has the most wonderful preschool teacher ever. She could write the book on preschool creativity... they were ice-skating around the room (inside!!) a few days ago. Amazing!
- Grayson has said he missed playing indoor soccer this winter. Truth be told, I missed it too! :)
- He is playing basketball through the Y... let's just say that he's way better at soccer. We're still awaiting his first basket. Thankfully, spring soccer starts in March!
- Carter has made some wonderful gains with Speech. He now clearly says words beginning with 'S' without any cuing, and we don't feel like we need to translate as much of what he says.
- He does still, however, refer to Grayson as "Yayson". He can say Grayson, but I think "Yayson" is totally out of habit.
- Tomorrow might be MY favorite day of the year... well, almost. It's the last day of pheasant and quail hunting season, which means Jerry is now back to being home on the weekends. Woo-hoo!
- I love my iPhone.
- I love Pandora, and never guessed I would use it so much.
- The Jayhawks are on a roll, and we have loved watching them play!! Both boys love the freshman stud, Ben McLemore.
- I have 5 PRN jobs right now that I am balancing... I miss my days of just working two places on a solid schedule, but it is all out of my control.
- Dad is officially retired...
- My baby brother is getting married...
- Two of my close girlfriends are getting ready to move far away -- sad to see you go, Alison and Megan :(
- The Bachelor is still one of my favorite parts of the week AND I heard that Sean is one of the few that didn't sleep with any of the girls on the overnight date (in the Fantasy Suite). I always thought he was a good guy... thanks for the info, Reality Steve!
I think that's enough rambling for now... happy almost February!
No comments:
Post a Comment