It's July 1st and supposedly Google Reader will magically disappear when the clock strikes midnight. I'll miss good ol' Reader... it has been a loyal friend. I think I've used it daily for who knows how many years now. I've looked at Bloglovin' and Feedly, and Feedly seems to be the best fit for me and my daily blog-browsing. Hope so!
Other random thoughts...
- Grayson's swim team season is sadly coming to a close. He has had a ball this summer, and has improved so much... especially with his butterfly and breaststroke. He loves the competitive part of the swim meets and we do, too!
- Carter is dying to play on a soccer team this fall. :) This is the same age Grayson was when he started playing. Wow!
- Carter's big feat this summer is being totally self-sufficient in the pool. He can swim in the shallow or deep end, and be totally fine. And he can dive now!
- We have had such a nice, mild summer to date. Only one 100 degree day! Today the high was only 82, so after swim team, we headed to the zoo. Crazy for Kansas in July!!
- It has been so fun watching the boys play together, but they can also go after each other. Currently they're into making fart noises by squeaking a hand in their armpits. Apparently it's really cool.
- We've been doing some long bike rides in the mornings, and Grayson loves to bring his Nerf bow and arrow, and shoot whatever we see. He has successfully shot rabbits, geese, and ducks so far.
- We (the boys and I) have been watching The Brady Bunch re-runs this summer, and it so reminds me of my childhood. We loved the Bradys! :)
- The boys have both been sleeping late this summer, which I LOVE! This morning they both slept until 9:05! Woo-hoo!
- But, that means that Carter is pretty much done with afternoon naps. He has maybe taken 2 naps since May. Will he really be in Pre-K in August?!?
That's all for now... Happy July!!
No comments:
Post a Comment