Last Sunday was my birthday. 36. Somehow it seems old. :)
But, in my weird ways, I seem to like the number 36, so hopefully it will be a good year!!
We went to church, ate a quick lunch, and then headed to Grayson's first soccer game of the season. His new team was playing his old team, and he was pumped.
Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures from the game... it was super hot and sticky.
Grayson put a shot in goal... and it went in! Yay!
All of a sudden, we all noticed that Grayson was in a heap in front of the goal. I think his teammates thought he was celebrating, but Jerry and I could tell that he was hurt. As his coaches helped him off the field, he asked if he scored. That's when we knew he was hurt. He was in so much pain that he had no idea what had just happened...
He ended up with a fractured radius... that's the long bone on the left. Almost halfway down, you can see where it puffs out a tiny bit... that is the fracture. There's a small spot on his ulna as well, but they are both aligned, which is great!
So, we saw the hand surgeon that Monday and he put Grayson in a special custom hard splint for a month. He can resume playing soccer this weekend... yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment