Saturday, August 22, 2015

natural bridge wildlife ranch {san antonio}

On Thursday morning, we set our alarms and got up early to go to a cool drive-thru zoo that we heard great things about. We got to our car, and it wouldn't start.
Ugh.
We got it jumped at the resort, and drove it to the closest Auto Zone in San Antonio. The guys there told us that our starter had gone out. And yes, we were only 600+ miles from home. Lovely.
So, Jerry in all his fix-it splendor, did what he had to do... 
He changed out the starter on the Tahoe right there in the Auto Zone parking lot.
Boom.
I have to say, though... we had at least three people who walked over and offered to help us. I was truly amazed and humbled by the generosity of the people of SA. The guys at Auto Zone let Jerry borrow the tools he needed to do it, and about 2 hours later, we were headed to the drive-thru zoo!
What I wouldn't give to have long skinny legs like that... Go Jerry!
It cracked me up that the sign said "African Safari Texas Style" :)
 we saw all kinds of animals -- I can't remember the names of them -- but they were tame and would walk up to our car for food!
 there were some aggressive antlers!!

 I just didn't want a door-ding from these guys -- ha!
 it was the closest we've ever been to a family of wildebeests!

 Nice... 
 the zebras were amazing -- and no, we didn't drop the food on the ground -- oops! :)

 they had a petting zoo at the end of the drive with lots of goats
 we had a great time at the Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch!

No comments:

Post a Comment